Slat conveyors utilize a chain-driven loop of slats to move product from one end to another, driven by a motor. The slat conveyor is typically made of engineered chain metal allowing it to be used in hazardous, high weight, and high-temperature environments. Power Pack slat conveyors are designed for manual or automatic operations with dual strand chains.
- Power Pack slat conveyors are ruggedly constructed to provide a smooth carrying surface for heavy loads, impact loading, and mounting fixtures.
- The simplicity of the flat moving belt allows the slat conveyor to move an array of product sizes, shapes, and weights for long lengths with a single drive.
- Slat conveyors can be built in unique shapes, materials (ie: aluminum, stainless steel, etc) and angles to control the orientation of the product being conveyed, providing a versatile solution for a wide array of applications.
- Slat conveyors are commonly used in appliance and machinery assembly lines since they are safe in wet environments as well as when conveying hot or hazardous industrial material.
- The slat conveyor can be configured to convey loads of cartons, totes, fixtures, and cardboard boxes. It can also easily convey items with sharp edges as well as pallets where the bottoms are not suitable for roller or chain conveyors.
The strength of the slats is considered during the design phase to ensure the final product is suited to convey material and products of different weights and sizes, increasing productivity and efficiency.